In the final week for this project, Levi showed us a speed and direction code. I chose the speed code for my final animation, I tested out and it was amazing!!!
We set-up our Arduino for display, and we tried to get the sensor to work without the breadboard. Levi helped me in this part he was so helpful. He explained to me how could I put the sensors & wires together without the breadboard. At first I felt confused but the way he explained it to me was so easy.
By following Levi’s instructions, we used various sensors and tried to get them to work and to turn the light bulb on/off. After some experiments and practice, we learned how to solder our Rainbowduinos. At first it seems complicated/difficult but then I found it easy.
Levi & Maryam asked us to choose one sensor for our animations. I used a sensitive sensor and flex sensor to animate the skull.
- Force sensitive resistor: it depends on how much pressure is being applied to the sensing area. The harder the force, the lower the resistance.
- Flex sensor: a variable resistor that reacts to bends.
I tried to work with ‘felx sensor’ more than once but it doesn’t work! I also tried to change the code but still not working. I wanted to make the skull blind/vanish at the same time when I touch the flex sensor!
Over the weekend we had to create at least 4 animations and show it in class from using the following categories as guidance:
- A Character
- Generative / Parametric / Experimental
I actually did more than 4 animations, it was challenging but I really enjoyed practicing and experimenting different ways of creating animation.
For the next class we’ll have to make a final animation. I decided to make skull and ghost, the challenge was how to make them moving in an interesting way!
For the homework, we had done a few experiments over the weekend, and showed those in class.
The most interesting thing about Arduino is that, when I wrote, “draw a horizontal line” it actually does! That was so interesting it’s such a clever platform. So I tried again and wrote, “ Draw a blue circle of radius 3 at (3,4)” and I tried this four times with different colors and it works!!!! I was sooo happy at that moment and when I showed up to class Levi was surprising somehow! lool.
We were introduced to Arduino and Rainbowduino, we started by a dot with a color, it sounds easy but I was so confusing. The steps until we got a dot was not easy, I didn’t understand the steps well it seemed complicated ><”
In this class we learnt the codes for each colors and how we can use 2 colors at the same time by changing the codes of of it and so on..
We started off the class with an activity; at first I actually thought that it’s just for fun but when they started taking the activity in a series way I started to worry! I worried not because it seems hard but because it looks like engineering… However, after they introduced the project I felt so interested it’s something new, different from what we learnt from the first semester.
We started with a brief introduction to the program called Arduino in order to understand a concept of input & output and transforming filters.
In my style sheet I have referred to route 3 as a technique throughout my design. The addition of 3 has been indicated through the addition of every new font size.
I have chose this system due to the format of the lettering that suites the layout of my page setting and fits the page according to what I have in mind.
- Ken Carbone created a playful print that riffs off the King and Queen of Hearts. “I chose to emulate the structure of a playing card, as it best demonstrates the duality of this royal couple in the history of art” Ken Carbone.
- “Creative freedom can be a double-edged sword. When the possibilities are too open-ended, the blank page can be threatening as well as thrilling” Ken Carbone
- Ken Carbone chose the playing card composition, as they were both artistic royalty, and the suit of hearts because of their legendary romance.